Monday, September 21, 2009

Sat 09-19-09

Raid the Rock 2009, baybee!! Approx. 40 mi course (7 mi paddling, 23 mi mtn biking, 10 mi trekking). Finished unofficially in 4th place (out of 10) in the solo long course division in approximately 9 hrs 45 min. Will know the final ranking plus actual time when the results are posted later today. However, the top 2 finishers in the solo division actually raced together as a team the whole time & planned to ahead of time, EVEN THOUGH there was a 2-person team category. Yeah, so we had a couple of sandbaggers. If they raced in the division they were supposed to, I would have placed 2nd. Darn it!

IMO, I ran a great race...no major mistakes, found all the CPs relatively quickly, had a good pace and didn't overdo it like I did last year. I was very pleased and satisfied with the final result.

The rope section this year was a zip line across White Oak Bayou. Short, but quick & fun. The paddle this year seemed REALLY long to me - probably where I lost the most time.

No comments:

Post a Comment